There is not much to do in this recipe. You could substitute the pototoes for sweet potatoes. You can add spinach if you wanted to. It is versitle and altered in many ways—experiment.
- Sliced potatoes—not too thin
- Cherry tomatoes—halved or quartered
- Flat leaf parsely—leaves picked
- Garlic cloves—chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Seasoning—sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Giant Greek butter beans or something similar. I buy these from my local wholefood store.
- Cook the potato slices with skin in lots of boiling water and a little sea salt. You want to cook them until they begin to soften. Once cooked rinse them in cold water to stop them cooking. Set them aside.
- Steam the broccoli until soft enough to crush with a potato masher or something similar. Crush broccoli—keep it rough and set aside.
- In a large shallow pan add some olive oil and heat gently and added chopped garlic. Heat the oil until the garlic starts to cook and then turn off the heat. You want to flavour the oil with the garlic—nothing more.
- Add the smoked paprika, seasoning to taste. You can adjust this later—so don't add too much.
- Turn the heat back on—medium to low. Add the potatoes and fold the mixture until it is well mixed.
- Add the crushed broccoli, apple cider vinegar. Fold the mixture until well mixed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix. Once they are warm, check the flavouring and seasoning is to your liking—adjust if necessary.
- Add the flat leaf parsley and mix.
- Serve with the butter beans or your choice of beans or salad or both!